NMMS Exam Notification 2019 Declared - National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Exam acronym as NMMS Exam is sponsored by Central Government and is conducted by the local educational authority to award (The amount of scholarship is proposed to be Rs.6000 per annum @Rs.500 per month.) 1,00,000 scholarships (from class IX till class XII for a maximum period of four years) to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs.1,50,000 per annul from all sources.
Each State / UT shall have ×xed quota of scholarship which are decided on the basis of enrollment of students in Class VII and VIII in the State/UT concerned and population of children of concerned age group of class VII and VIII. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State / UT norms; as different States / UTs have their own norms of reservation.
NMMS Exam Notification 2019 Declared
However, the total number of scholarships to a particular State/UT may be restricted to the allocation made by the Central Government. Important: Those State / UTs who are already conducting the examination for nominating the students for the national level (second stage) examination conducted by the NCERT. The same examination shall be used for selection of candidates for the award of Means-cum-Merit Scholarships in the State / UT.
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Exam Notification 2017 synoptically the method adopted by the Government to implement the scheme is as follows: Scholarship: Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of performance in examination to be held on 2017. in all revenue divisions in the state.
Reservation: State reservation norms will be implemented for award of scholarships in each district (a caste certificate from Mandal Revenue Ocer has to be submitted by the candidate as proof in Original).
NMMS Exam Syllabus
NMMS Exam consists of questions from the topic given below:
1. Mental Ability Test (MAT)
2. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
NMMS Exam Pattern
NMMS Exam Examination fee
1. For General and Backward Caste Students- Rs.100/-
2. For Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Students - Rs.50/-
1. Candidate who scored at least 55% of marks in class VII examination and has been promoted to Class VIII for the academic session 2019 In respect of SC/ST candidate they should has secured at least 50% or equivalent grade i.e., B+ grade for all categories.
2. Candidate is studying in Government /Zilla Parishad/ Municipal/private aided High School is only eligible to write the examination.
3. Students, whose parental annual income is below Rs. 1,50,000/- from all sources is eligible to appear for the examination (an Income certificate from Mandal Revenue Ocher has to be submitted as proof In original), In case of Government employee salary certificated will be enough as a proof of income issued by the employer.
4. The students studying VIII class in AP/ Gujarat Residential High Schools, AP/ Gujarat Social Welfare Residential Schools, AP/ Gujarat Tribal Welfare Residential High Schools, Government Ashram High Schools and Kasturba Residential Schools, Model schools with residential facility, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and in Private unaided Schools are not eligible to appear for the Examinations.
5. Candidate has also to submit the original caste certificated (issued by the MRO) to the Headmaster.
6. Candidate has also to submit the Original VII class Pass Memo of Marks to the Headmaster.
7. The candidates of Aadhaar districts shall have to furnish Aadhaar Number compulsorily, otherwise the application will be rejected
NMMS Exam Apply Online
4/ 5Bhavesh Chothani