Teacher dominates the classroom all the time, with no allowance for children to learn of develop on their own.
- It is assumed that all children will learn the same thing at the same time and in the same manner.
- The problems of multi-grade and multi-level nature of classroom are not addressed.
- TLMs are rarely used by children as a normal practice.
- Most of the materials used are not prepared for self-learning.
- There is no opportunity for the child to learn the lessons missed during his/her absence from class.
- Evaluation methods are mostly summative and test only the rote learning by children.
In order to address the above issues, Pragna – an activity based learning approach, has been initiated with an objective to correct and overcome these difficulties and to open the classroom to a more holistic and learner based way of working with children through the day, throughout the year.
- It gives children an opportunity to learn at their own pace and level
- Provides children a platform to learn through experience
- It offers a chance to learn from teachers and peers
- It gives child an exposure to various project work and field work
- Child'a Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation is embedded & stress free
- It helps child learning how to learn
- Children are learning without burden